I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. This is my first ever nomination! And I am excited!! I am not sure what the rules are, so I am just sneaking into Nel’s blog. Her blog is AWESOME!! She is honest to the core and her thoughts flow so beautifully in the words she writes. Thank you so much for nominating me Nel!!!
Okay, the rules are to tell three things about yourself, answer the questions asked and nominating more people.
Here we go!!
Three things about me:
- I have never seen the Ocean or Sea. I live in a land-locked country and I haven’t traveled that far. I really want to travel and I hope I will.
- I am a dreamer. I basically dream all the time. I draw my inspirations for stories and poems from the vivid dreams I see.
- I do not like speaking on the phone. I feel really awkward. Sometimes, I don’t know any appropriate things to say. So I mostly prefer texting.
My Questions and Answers:
What’s your favorite book or series of all time?
Oh boy!! This might take an eternity to answer. I read voraciously! Choosing only one would be very difficult. I am going to list out 5 of my favorite books and series:
- HARRY POTTER SERIES by JK Rowling: You know what they say, “Once a Potterhead always a Potterhead.” I fell in love with this series relatively late than other people do. I discovered it only in my late teens. But I am glad I did. I am a Hufflepuff!
- THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL by Anne Frank: Find out why!
- A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS by Khaled Hosseini: For Laila and Mariam and millions of women who quietly endure all that falls upon them. It drove me to tears and rage.
- THE INVENTION OF WINGS by Sue Monk Kidd: I read this book in one of the most difficult times of my life. It gave me so much strength.
- THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows: Purely because of the name and simple piercing story line!
If you could write for a TV show or movie, which one would it be and why?
I think I would write for Grey’s Anatomy. I mean Shonda Rhymes is great and all but I’d stop Derek, Mark and Lexie from dying. I would add more musicals. I would never let Cristina leave. I would end the show at season 12 with an epilogue where Meredith has Alzheimer’s and Zola finds the cure!
If you could sum up your personality in 3 words, which words would you choose?
My questions are:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
If you could go back in time and meet a historical figure, who would you choose to meet and what would you say?
Why do you write?
Do you remember what your first memory was?